Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, headquartered in Clayton, Missouri, is a leading North American manufacturer of chlorine, caustic soda, industrial bleach, hydrochloric acid, potassium hydroxide, hydrogen, and related products. These basic chemicals are important building blocks for plastics, pulp and paper products, soaps and detergents, and many other products. They also play an important role in municipal drinking water and wastewater treatment.
In 2015, Olin incorporated the U.S. Gulf Coast Chlor Alkali and Epoxy assets of The Dow Chemical Company, enhancing Olin’s position as the industry leader in chlor alkali products and derivatives as well as the leading global supplier of epoxy resins, curing agents, and intermediates.
About Olin’s Texas Operation’s Pipelines
- Olin owns and operates more than 200 miles of pipelines in Brazoria County in and around Freeport, Texas.
- Except for Public Right of Way crossings, Olin’s pipelines are located within Dow’s Texas Operations facility. The property is owned and managed by Dow Chemical in Freeport, Texas.
- Olin utilizes ground patrol to monitor potential dangers, along with construction and excavation activities.
- Olin’s pipelines transport both liquid and gas products with the vast majority of products being hydrocarbons, which are combustible if released and exposed to an ignition source.
- Products transported include:
- Anhydrous HCL
- Brine (Saltwater)
- Chlorine Gas
- Isopropyl Benzene (Cumene) (Liquid)
- Vinyl chloride
By clicking on the topic areas provided in the navigation area of this page, you may learn ways to recognize pipeline right-of-ways, signs of an unplanned release and what to do in the event of a pipeline leak. Help keep your home and business safe by helping to keep pipelines safe.